Thursday, May 13, 2010

onward to Nambe' and Chimayo

We took a bit of a detour to go to the chapel at Chimayo because there you can get holy dirt, and it cures what ails you and restores your health, or so I'm told. So we went there and we got some. They even gave us a glass in which to carry our Holy Dirt. The holy dirt glass is in the cupholder in the back seat, where it will remain until we get home, unless my back starts acting up real bad, in which case I will figure out if I am supposed to eat the dirt, or mix it with water and drink it, or just rub it on me or what. I was impressed that right next to the little tiny room where you go and scoop up your holy dirt is another larger room, and in that room there are a large number of crutches that presumably belonged to people who were cured and left them behind. It makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment